All extra-help employees in classifications covered by this MOU, except supervisors as defined in Section 2.4 below, shall as a condition of employment either:
- Become and remain a member of the Union.
- Pay to the Union an agency fee in an amount to be determined by the Union in accordance with legal requirements; or
- Do both of the following:
- Present to the Union and the Controller a written declaration that he/she is a member of a bonafide religion, body, or sect which has historically held a conscientious objection to joining or financially supporting any public employee organization as a condition of employment; and
- Pay a sum equal to the agency fee described above to one of three negotiated non-religious, non-labor, charitable funds that are exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- San Mateo County Health Center Foundation
- San Mateo County Mental Health Association’s Spring Street Shelter for the Homeless Mentally Ill
- San Mateo County Service League
- East Palo Alto Family YMCA
- El Concilio of San Mateo County
- Asian American Residential Recovery