- Employees assigned to the following assignments shall be paid the hourly equivalent rate of one step in the salary range in addition to all other compensation. After the completion of two years of service in an investigative capacity or the following applicable assignments, such employees shall receive two steps in addition to all other compensation.
|ASSIGNMENTS||STEP 1||STEP 2|
|All Detective Assignments||X||X|
|Administrative Classification Sergeant||X||X|
|Emergency Services Bureau Sergeant||X|
- Sergeants assigned to Training Officer work as an FTO or JTO Sergeant shall be paid at the hourly equivalent rate of one step in addition to all other compensation. Such compensation shall be paid only while their subordinate staff are assigned trainees.
- Incumbents in other assignments deemed appropriate by the Sheriff shall be paid at the hourly equivalent rate of one step in addition to all other compensation. Should the Sheriff determine that the additional compensation for these other assignments is no longer warranted, the Sheriff’s Office shall give advance notice to the Organization.
- Effective February 25, 2007, compensatory overtime accrual shall be increased from the current maximum amount of eighty (80) hours to ninety-six (96) hours.
- K-9 Unit: In the event the Sheriff assigns a department canine to a Sergeant, the Sergeant will be entitled to the terms and conditions described in the Letter of Understanding between the County and the Deputy Sheriffs’ Association Re: K-9 Unit Compensation for off-duty hours spent caring, feeding, and one-on-one non-formal training of the canine.
- Transfer Policy: The parties agree to meet and confer over the Department’s Transfer Policy covering transfer between assignments within six (6) months of the Board of Supervisor’s approval of this successor MOU.