The Director of Human Resources shall allocate all job classifications to the following described work groups for purposes of determining categories of extra-help to be compensated by monetary payment. The decision of the Director of Human Resources shall be final; provided, however, that prior to changing the work group of an existing classification covered by this Memorandum of Understanding the Director of Human Resources shall notify the Union of the contemplated change and if requested, discuss with the Union the reasons for the work group change.
- Work Group 1: All extra-help employees covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act shall be allocated to Work Group 1. Extra-help employees in Work Group 1 shall be compensated for overtime worked by monetary payment only. All monetary payments for overtime must be paid not later than the next biweekly payroll following the pay period in which the overtime was worked.
- Work Group 2: Extra-help employees in Work Group 2 shall not be assigned work beyond 40 hours in a workweek.
- Note: Work Groups 3 and 4 pertain to employees not covered by this Memorandum of Understanding.
- Work Group 5: Extra-help employees in Work Group 5 are exempted from the Fair Labor Standards Act and shall be compensated for overtime worked by monetary payment only.Should the County, through some future Federal ruling, be exempted from the Fair Labor Standards Act, the County shall then revert to the base rate for the computation of overtime.
- Notwithstanding the allocation of job classifications to work groups, any extra-help employee covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act shall be compensated in accordance with the Act.