Effective January 27, 2019, longevity pay shall begin to be phased in over the term of this resolution. At the completion of these incremental increases, timed to  coincide with COLA increases, effective December 13, 2020, longevity pay shall be:

  • One percent (1%) of base salary after the equivalent of five (5) years of full time County service (10,400 hours).
  • An additional one and one-half percent (1.5%) of base salary (for a total of two and one-half percent (2.5%)) after the equivalent of ten (10) years of full time County service (20,800 hours)
  • An additional one and one-half percent (1.5%) of base salary (for a total of four percent (4%)) after the equivalent of twenty (20) years of full time County service (41,600 hours)
  • An additional two percent (2%) of base salary (for a total of six percent (6%)) after the equivalent of twenty-five (25) years of full time County service (52,000 hours).

Incremental increases will be as follows:

Years (hours) Completed January 27, 2019 December 15, 2019 December 13, 2020
Five (10,400) 0.5% +0.5% for a total of 1%  
Ten (20,800) 1% +1% for a total of 2% +0.5% for a total of 2.5%
Twenty (41,600) 1.5% +1.5% for a total of 3% +1% for a total of 4%
Twenty-five (52,000) 2% +2% for a total of 4% +2% for a total of 6%