Employees hired on or after August 7, 2011 will pay fifty percent (50%) of the Retirement COLA cost as determined by SamCERA. COLA costs are included in the Plan 7 statutory rate. Effective July 5, 2015, all employees will pay fifty percent (50%) of the Retirement COLA cost as determined by SamCERA. Effective October 12, 2014, employees will receive a one percent (1%) salary increase to offset the additional employee payment toward retirement COLA.Read More →

Plan 5: 1.725% @ 58 (pre-enhancement tier) with no 3% cost share Current Plan 4: 2% @ 55.5 (as described in 25.3 above) is closed to new employees hired on or after the effective date of the commencement of Plan 5.   However, employees may transfer into Plan 4 after providing the equivalent of ten years (20800 hours) of service in Plan 5, and entering into an agreement with the San Mateo County Employee’s Retirement Association to pay all of the employee and employer contributions that would have been required if the employee had been in Plan 4 since the date of employment, plus interest PlanRead More →

Effective March 13, 2005, the County implemented the 2%@55.5 retirement enhancement (Government Code Section 31676.14) for employees in Plans 1, 2 or 4. The enhancement applies to all future service and all service back to the date of employment pursuant to the Board of Supervisor’s authority under Government Code section 31678.2(a). Government Code section 31678.2(b) authorizes the collection, from employees, of all or part of the contributions by a member or employer or both, that would have been required if section 31676.14 had been in effect during the time period specified in the resolution adopting section 31676.14, and that the time period specified in theRead More →

25.1 Longevity Pay Effective November 23, 2014, the County shall discontinue employer pick up of the employee’s statutorily required retirement contribution. Effective November 23, 2014, County pick-up shall be replaced by longevity pay as follows: One and one-half percent (1.5%) salary increase after the equivalent of ten (10) years of full time service 20,800 hours) An additional one and one-half percent (1.5%) salary increase (for a total of three percent (3%) after the equivalent of twenty (20) years of full time service (41,600 hours) An additional one percent (1%) salary increase (for a total of four percent (4%) after the equivalent of twenty-five (25) yearsRead More →