Effective the first full pay period following Board of Supervisors’ approval of a successor MOU, longevity pay shall begin to be phased in over the term of this Agreement. At the completion of these incremental increases, timed to coincide with COLA increases, effective February 21, 2021, longevity pay shall be: One percent (1%) of base salary after the equivalent of five (5) years of full time County service (10,400 hours). An additional one and one-half percent (1.5%) of base salary (for a total of two and one half percent (2.5%)) after the equivalent of ten (10) years of full time County service (20,800 hours) AnRead More →

When an employee is demoted, whether such demotion is voluntary or otherwise, that employee’s compensation shall be adjusted to the salary prescribed for the class to which demoted. The specific rate of pay within the range shall be determined by the Director of Human Resources, whose decision shall be final; provided however, that the Board of Supervisors may provide for a rate of pay higher than the maximum step of the schedule for the employee’s classification and designate such rate of pay as a “Y” rate (see Section 6.2 below), and also provided that an employee demoted as a result of abolition of a positionRead More →

When an employee is promoted from a position in one class to a position in a higher class and at the time of promotion is receiving a base salary equal to or greater than the minimum base rate for the higher class, that employee shall be entitled to the next step in the salary schedule of the higher class which is at least one step above the rate he/she has been receiving, except that the next step shall not exceed the maximum salary of the higher class.Read More →

Permanent and probationary employees serving in regular established positions shall be considered by the appointing authority on their salary anniversary dates for advancement to the next higher step in the salary schedule for their respective classes as follows. A step shall be defined as five and seventy-four one-hundredths percent (5.74%), and all references to a “step” in this agreement are understood to equate to five and seventy-four one-hundredths percent (5.74%). All increases shall be effective at the beginning of the next full pay period directly following their advancement to the next higher step in the salary schedule for their respective class. Hours of Service NecessaryRead More →

Except as otherwise provided herein, the entrance salary for employees new to County service shall be the minimum salary for the class to which he/she is appointed. When circumstances warrant, the Director of Human Resources may upon recommendation of the department head approve an entrance salary that is more than the minimum salary. The Human Resource Director’s decision shall be final. Such a salary may not be more than the maximum salary for the class to which that employee is appointed unless such salary is designated as a “Y” rate by the Board of Supervisors.Read More →

5.1.             Salary Ranges The salary ranges for all employees in the aforementioned bargaining unit are as set forth in Exhibit A, which is attached hereto and made part hereof. The rates of pay set forth in the Exhibit A represent for each classification the standard biweekly rate of pay for full-time employment, unless the schedule specifically indicates otherwise. For the purposes of this section, the “biweekly” rate of pay, means the amount an employee is paid for a two-week period. The rates of pay set forth in Exhibit A represent the total compensation due employees, except overtime compensation and other benefits specifically provided for byRead More →