Probationary employees are entitled to clarification of below standard evaluations and may request that a union representative be present. All such requests must first be made to the Human Resources Director, or his/her designee.

Permanent employees may also request an informal appeal of below standard evaluations. At the request of the employee and the union to the Human Resources Director or his/her designee, a meeting will be arranged in an effort to clarify and, if possible, resolve areas of disagreement. Such meetings will be

36.1   Formal Appeal Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 38 of the Memorandum of Understanding, appeals of permanent employees relating to performance evaluations which are below a standard score or rating set by the Human Resources Director shall go directly to the Civil Service Commission. Upon receipt of the appeal the