47.1 Clinical Quality Value Analysis Committee
- The Clinical Quality Value Analysis Committee (hereinafter “the Committee”) will provide a systematic process for the introduction, evaluation, assessment, and acquisition of products, equipment, and clinical technology that is reviewed by members of the Hospital and Clinics. The Committee will evaluate all medical/surgical products and equipment that impacts Central Supply, including all catalogued products used by more than one modality or clinic.
- The Committee’s objective is to seek opportunities to standardize product lines that are cost effective, clinically efficacious, and provide the highest quality care and safety to patients and caregivers.
- The Union may appoint up to two (2) representatives from the bargaining unit to serve on the Committee. Each representative shall be appointed for a term of one (1) year, subject to renewal. Other members of the Committee shall be appointed by Nursing Administration and Materials Management.
47.2 Meetings and Minutes:
- The Committee will meet monthly, subject to change, to review requested agenda items approved by Nursing Administration and Materials Management.
- The County shall provide release time for Registered Nurses when Committee meetings fall on their shifts.
- Copies of meeting minutes and formal Committee recommendations shall be available upon request.
The rules and procedures of the Committee, including final decision making regarding product purchasing, will be determined by Nursing Administration and Materials Management.