- Employees assigned to the following assignments shall be paid the hourly equivalent rate of one step in the salary range in addition to all other compensation. After the completion of two (2) years of service in the following assignments such employees shall receive two (2) steps in addition to all other compensation.
|STEP 1||STEP 2|
|All Detective Assignments||X||X|
|Transportation Desk Officer||X|
|Jail Management System (JMS)||X||X|
- Deputy Sheriffs and Correctional Officers assigned to Training Officer work shall be paid at the hourly equivalent rate of one (1) step in addition to all other compensation. Such compensation shall be paid only while the individual is actually assigned a trainee.
- Incumbents in other assignments deemed appropriate by the Sheriff shall be paid at the hourly equivalent rate of one (1) step in addition to all other compensation. Should the Sheriff determine that the additional compensation for these other assignments is no longer warranted; the Sheriff’s Office shall give advance notice to the Association to meet and confer on this subject matter.
- Employees in the class of District Attorney’s Inspector shall receive Six Dollars ($6.00) per biweekly pay period.
- The Sheriff’s Office will advertise these assignments when they become available so that all staff have an opportunity to express their interest and be considered. In advertising assignments, the Sheriff’s Office will list those criteria that they find desirable and which will be considered in making selections for these assignments.
Side Letter Agreement Re: Work Shifts and Assignments:
This letter shall confirm certain understandings reached in negotiations for a Memorandum of Understanding covering the period of January 31, 2016, through January 9, 2021.
- Work Shifts and Assignments
a. Work shifts are subject to modification by the Sheriff should economic or staffing contingencies dictate revisions, or in the case of an emergency. Should the Sheriff desire to effect a change they shall give advance written notice to the Association of the proposed change(s), the reason(s) therefore, the proposed schedule(s), and shall provide a reasonable opportunity to discuss such change(s) prior to implementation.
Currently, the shifts and hours of work are as follows:
- Court Services – the 5 x 8 work schedule.
- Detention and Custody Division, and Patrol – the Twelve (12) work schedule
- Training Bureau, Detective, Bureau of Professional Standards, School Resource Unit (SRU)/ Community Policing Unit (CPU), Civil Bureau, Admin Classification, and Transportation – the 4×10 work schedule
b. Employees assigned to the Patrol Division shall be allowed to continue to bid for their work shift assignment, in the same manner as in presently practiced, described as follows:
For the purposes of bidding for vacations, shifts (excluding the Detention Division), on call and overtime signups shall be based on classification seniority. For the purpose of this section, classification seniority is defined as time in class plus higher class.
- Deputy Shift Bids
Deputies shall bid annually during the month of January for their shifts within their assignment based on time in classification plus higher classification.
- Detention Division Shift Bid
Employees assigned to the Detention Division shall bid annually during the month of January for their shifts based on cumulative time in the classification of Correctional Officer, Deputy Sheriff and higher classifications.
Such selection shall occur at least annually and normally on January 1 of each year.
c. The above procedure shall also be used for those employees assigned to the Detention and Custody Division and shall be applied within each facility in that division.
- No written transfer policy exists at present and the Sheriff agrees not to implement a written transfer policy during the term of the MOU without the agreement of the Association. As a matter of policy, however, employees shall be given two weeks’ notice of a permanent transfer between divisions except in cases of emergency.
If the foregoing is in accordance with your understanding, please indicate your acceptance and approval in the space provided below.