Effective the pay period following the Board of Supervisors’ approval of a successor MOU in 2019, general and safety longevity pay provided in Section 37 of the 2016-2019 MOU shall cease.

Beginning the first full pay period following Board of Supervisors’ approval of a successor MOU in 2019, longevity pay shall be phased in over the term of this Agreement as described in this Section. 

Phased-in, incremental increases to longevity pay will be timed to coincide with COLA increases, as follows:

Years of Service (Hours) Completed Pay Period following BOS Approval May 2020 May 2021
Five years (10,400 hours) 0.5% +0.5% for a total of 1%  
Ten years (20,800 hours) 1.5% +1% for a total of 2.5%
Twenty years (41,600 hours) 2% +2% for a total of 4%
Twenty-five years (52,000 hours) 2% +2% for a total of 4% +2% for a total of 6%

Effective the last pay period that falls partially in May 2021, longevity pay shall be paid as follows:

A. One percent (1%) of base salary after the equivalent of five (5) years of full time County service (10,400 hours).

B. An additional one and one-half percent (1.5%) of base salary (for a total of two and one half percent (2.5%)) after the equivalent of ten (10) years of full time County service (20,800 hours)

C. An additional one and one-half percent (1.5%) of base salary (for a total of four percent (4%)) after the equivalent of twenty (20) years of full time County service (41,600  hours)

D. An additional two percent (2%) of base salary (for a total of six percent (6%)) after the equivalent of twenty-five (25) years of full time County service (52,000 hours).