- Clerical workers who work in the Sheriff’s Department and are required to wear uniforms shall receive a uniform allowance as specified below:
- An initial payment of four hundred dollars ($450.00) shall be made when the worker is hired by or transferred into a Division requiring uniforms.
- A maintenance allowance of four hundred dollars ($450.00) shall be made on their anniversary date for current workers. The above payments shall be made on the employment or transfer anniversary date for new workers. Such payments are made for uniform needs of the preceding year and workers shall make any required purchases to maintain uniforms within thirty (30) days of receipt of payment.
- In the event the Sheriff’s Department changes its required uniform, the County agrees to meet and confer with the Union concerning such change and the cost of purchasing new uniforms.
- ISD workers who are required in writing to carry pagers after their assigned work hours will be compensated in accordance with Section 10 (On‑Call Duty).
- Mail Service Drivers assigned to the central mail room as mail machine operators shall receive premium pay at the rate of 8.6% of his/her salary in addition to all other compensation. Only one Driver may be so assigned at one time.
- Storekeepers assigned to inventory management of the Food and Nutrition Services Unit shall receive compensation of 6% in addition to all other compensation. Only two employees at a time may be so assigned.
- Public Works Technicians who are assigned to perform field survey work and are required to wear safety shoes while performing such duties shall receive a bi-annual cash payment of $175.00 on each “even” year to cover the cost of such safety shoes, which must meet safety criteria as determined by the department.
- The Sheriff’s Criminal Records Supervisor assigned to and performing the duties of CLETS Agency Terminal Coordinator shall receive premium pay of 5% in addition to all other compensation. Only one Sheriff’s Criminal Records Supervisor at a time may be so assigned.
Previous Post: SEIU: Appraisal Salaries 10/11/2015