A. Step 1: Department Head and/or the Designated Representative
Any employee who believes that they have a grievance may discuss their complaint with such management official as their department head may designate.  If the issue is not resolved within the department, or if the employee elects to submit their grievance directly to PDA, the procedures hereinafter specified may be invoked, provided, however, that all complaints involving or concerning the payment of compensation shall be in writing to Employee Relations.

B. Step 2: Employee Relations
Any employee or official of PDA may notify Employee Relations in writing that a grievance exists, stating the particulars of the grievance and, if possible, the nature of the remedy desired.  Such notification must be received within twenty‑eight (28) calendar days from the date of the employee’s knowledge of an alleged grievance.  Any grievance involving demotion, suspension or dismissal must be received within fourteen (14) calendar days of the above specified action.  Employee Relations or a designated representative who in the case of a grievance alleging discrimination shall be the EEO Coordinator shall have twenty (20) workdays to investigate the merits of the complaint, to meet with the complainant, and, if the complainant is not PDA, to meet also with the officials of PDA and to settle the grievance.  No grievance may be processed under paragraph (C) below which has not first been filed and investigated in accordance with this paragraph (B).

C. Step 3: Adjustment Board
If the parties are unable to reach a mutually satisfactory accord on any grievance which arises and is presented during the term of this MOU, PDA may advance the grievance to an Adjustment Board by submitting a written request to Employee Relations within twenty (20) working days from the date that the grievance is denied at Step 2.  The Adjustment Board shall be comprised of two (2) representatives designated by PDA and two (2) representatives designated by the County.

D. Step 4: Arbitration
If an Adjustment Board is unable to arrive at a majority decision, the issue may be advanced to arbitration, if within twenty (20) working days of the date upon which the Adjustment Board hearing was held, the moving party notifies the other in writing of its desire to arbitrate.  The question shall be submitted to an arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties.  The fees and expenses of the arbitrator and of the Court Reporter shall be shared equally by PDA and the County.  Each party, however, shall bear the costs of its own presentation, including preparation and post hearing briefs, if any.