Employees are entitled to be paid for sick leave used, to a maximum of the time accrued, under the following conditions:
(1) The employee’s illness, injury or exposure to contagious disease which incapacitates him/her from performance of duties. This includes disabilities caused or contributed to by pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion, childbirth and recovery therefore as determined by a licensed physician, or, under the Kaiser plan, a licensed health care professional.
(2) The employee’s receipt of required medical or dental care or consultation.
(3) The employee’s attendance on an immediate family member who is ill.
(4) The employee’s preparation for or attendance at the funeral of a member of the immediate family.
(5) The employee’s attendance to an adoptive child for up to six (6) weeks immediately after the arrival of the child in the home.
For this section immediate family means parent, spouse, domestic partner, son, daughter, sibling, mother-in-law, father-in-law, grandparents or grandchildren.